If you’re like any of us at Boogie Bounce Head Office, we would all like to eat a little healthier. Unfortunately, that’s often easier said than done when you’re short on time and can’t bring yourself to even look at another bowl of chicken and rice.
Eating a balanced diet is really important, whether you use a rebounder (mini trampoline), lift weights or participate in another form of exercise, then you will likely want to consume higher levels of protein to aid in muscle growth and recovery.
We’ve put together this healthy, yet delicious recipe to add a bit of flavour and inspiration to your weekly meals. If like us, you often get stuck in a rut and end up eating the same thing every week, then take a look below.
Turkey and Courgette Lasagna
- 500 grams ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce (or see underneath for our marinara recipe)
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add the ground turkey, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through, about 6-8 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of the marinara sauce in the bottom of an 8×8-inch baking dish. Layer with half of the turkey mixture, then top with half of the zucchini slices.
- Top with a layer of the remaining marinara sauce and the remaining turkey mixture. Top with the remaining zucchini slices and sprinkle with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. 5. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Healthy Marinara Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1small onion, diced -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the crushed tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes (if using) to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
3. Use a blender to puree the sauce until smooth. Enjoy!
So there you have it!
Be sure to keep an eye for more delicious and nutritious recipes and if you are looking for a new way to keep active then why not check out our instructor Boogie Bounce classes across the country, or our range of rebounders for use at home – starting at just £119.